Safe at Play will be characterized by communicating a sharpened commitment to protect children and promoting children's right to play in a safe play environment.
It is the mission, duty, and purpose of Safe at Play to
(1) increase awareness in the prevention of needless childhood playground injuries due to lack of or improper supervision, failure to ensure usage of age appropriate equipment, and failure to maintain and inspect equipment by a certified playground inspector,
(2) to decrease the number of resulting deaths and disabilities associated with childhood playground "accidents" in children under the age of 12,
(3) to advocate at the local, state, and national level for safe playgrounds and accountability for adult supervisors,
(4) to increase awareness that active supervision is a critical component to the safety of children by which supervising adults must be held accountable for the safety of children,
(5) to increase awareness of the importance of designing, selecting, and using age appropriate equipment located in separate play areas for different age groups,
(6) to increase awareness of the importance of playground inspections conducted by a Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) to ensure proper maintenance and that each playground meets the current national standards set by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC),
(7) to promote safety and prevention programs including, but not limited to, First Aid, CPR, and AED training,
(8) and to pay forward charitable help and services to the community and those in need in honor of Andrea Tyrah DeBruhl.
Your tax-deductible donations are highly appreciated and
help fund all of our organizational endeavors.
. .....is in memory of our
5 year old daughter,
Andrea Tyrah DeBruhl,
to educate schools, parents,
children, and the community
at large on the vital importance
of playground safety as it relates to active and proper supervision, age-appropriate design, and equipment maintenance. In addition, we seek
to pay forward charitable help and services to the community and those in need in honor of our
Andrea Tyrah DeBruhl
4.12.10 - 2.1.16
SAFE AT PLAY
Safe at Play was founded in April 2016 after the loss of our daughter, Andrea Tyrah DeBruhl, to a tragic playground injury on February 1, 2016.
improving playground safety
knowledge, understanding, and accountability!